Eight Reasons to Retire In Albion, MI:
1. Get Involved! There are over 60 groups in Albion all doing really cool things in the community. Check out the list!
2. Mentor the Next Generation! Mentoring programs exist at Starr Commonwealth and the Forks Senior Center.
3. Get Back to Nature! Walk the Whitehouse Nature Center, the downtown river trail, or one of the other 17 parks in Albion.
4. Continue Learning! Attend lifelong learning programs, cultural events, lectures, and concerts at the Albion District Library, AALL, Albion College, Forks Senior Center, and the Kellogg Community College Eastern Academic Center. Albion also has an independent book seller! Check out Books & More on Superior St.
5. Get Healthy! Albion is ranked #81 in the Top 100 Best Green Cities in America by Country Home magazine. Join the Dow Recreation and Welness Center, Forks Senior Center, Duck Lake Country Club, or the Bar Bell Club. Golf at Tomac Woods Golf Course or disk golf at Victory Park's world-class course (water hazards included).
6. Be Entertained! Albion maintains an active schedule of events some of which draw thousands of of participants. These events include the Festival of the Forks, the Fete de la Musique, the Cruise In, the Cardboard Classic Sled Race, Music in the Park, etc.
7. Save Money! The cost of living in Albion is 19.4% lower than the national average. Albion's median home price is $74,500.
8. Be "World Class"! Albion maintains an active sister-city program with Noisy-le-Roi, France. Albion is also a stop on the Amtrak line between Chicago and Detroit -- catch the train to your next destination and skip the car.
According to a recent report from the USDA, urban professionals of retirement age are leaving their hectic lives and relocating to small communities in order to find more amenable opportunities to enjoy nature, partake of life at a slower pace, and to reduce their cost of living.
If you fit this bill, then Albion's for you!
Albion has the distinction of being small town (population less than 9,000), with big city culture (afforded by its proximity to Albion College -- a small liberal art college in the heart of downtown), surrounded by nature (miles of open space to investigate), nestled within farming country (get your CSA or locally grown food from within 5 miles of home), right on the Amtrak line to Chicago or Detroit, and quaint enough to capture your heart!
Visit Albion during summer and you'll find a thriving community of festivals and events. Visit Albion during Fall and you'll find peaceful paths taking you through beautiful country. Visit Albion during Winter and you'll find infrequent heavy snow falls, easy accesses to food, shops, and entertainment, and a college town in full swing. Visit Albion during Spring and you'll find freshly plowed fields, locally raised slow foods, and a community anticipating an active summer schedule!
Albion, MI: Your Retirement Destination!
THE GREATER ALBION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & VISITOR BUREAU
Welcome to Albion!
The Greater Albion Chamber of Commerce & Visitor Bureau
310 S. Superior St.
Albion, MI 49224